Our de novo genome sequencing service is complete: we prepare the libraries, perform the sequencing on the robust Illumina platform, and we perform the assembly and preliminary annotation.
What we do
- Whole genome shotgun library
- Illumina MiSeq sequencing, 300 bp paired-end
- Sequencing QC
- De novo genome assembly (producing contigs)
- Automatic gene prediction and annotation using PROKKA 1.11
- Personal BLAST server [optional]
- 1.0 ug genomic DNA
- 260/280 1.8-2.0
- Intact DNA, agarose gel checked
Should you work with difficult samples, giving lower yields of total RNA, please contact us to arrange custom specifications.
What we deliver
- The raw sequences, in FASTQ format
- The contigs produced by the de novo assembly steps, in FASTA format
- The tabular coordinates of predicted genes, from gene prediction
- The genome annotation in both GFF and GBK (GeneBank) format
What we need to know
Before writing us for a quote, To prepare our best service offer, we need to know:
- Your experimental goal (what are you looking for). The “standard” approach gives good results for re-sequencing of known bacteria and to produce a draft for novel genomes. If you are looking for genes or genome rearrangements we can propose scaffolding and finishing steps.
- If there are closely related genomes sequenced, and/or if you are resequencing a strain of well known bacteria
- The estimated genome size (in Mb)
- The number of organisms you wish to sequence.
Contact us for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org, at +39 049 0995752 or using the following form: